Ever wondered what to put in that macaroni to make it look and taste exactly like the one you ate at the Chinese restaurant/buffet? I did. First, I thought soy sauce was the secret, turns out it is only part of the solution. Way too salty to be the only ingredient browning the macaroni… hum… let’s Wordpress it!
Here you go, finding this amazing and easy recipe, ready in 1/2 hour (4 servings):
Yum-Me Chinese Macaroni
- 3 cups of cooked macaroni (al dente)
- 1 pound of raw medium ground beef or porc (or a mix)
- 1 1/2 Cup of raw vegetables sliced or chopped (put more if you like but you will have to adjust the liquid)
- My macaroni will have anything that is left in the fridge: celery, mushrooms, green and red peppers, zucchinis, onions, cauliflowers.
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 1 1/4 Cup of beef broth
- 3 crushed garlic cloves or 1 tea spoon of prepared garlic
- 1/8 cup of soy sauce
- 1/8 cup of molasses
- 1 table spoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- In a super large frying pan heat the olive oil,
- fry the veggies until tender (save into a bowl aside)
- Use the same hot frying pan to brown the meat
- Meanwhile, mix the ingredient for the sauce.
- When the meat is half-way cooked, pour half of the sauce in the frying pan
- Let it cook on medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the meat has absorbed half the sauce.
- Add the softened veggies (without the water at the bottom of the bowl!) and the macaroni
- Mix well
- Pour what is left of the sauce
- Grind and add a dash of black pepper
- Let it simmer on low heat until the liquid is completely absorbed
- Serve immediately
This recipe is a 100% Logan approved and is great for lunches! I you like pasta recipes, please check out the 2 Salmons Spaghetti Recipe – easy and absolute delight.
I would love to hear about how you enjoyed your meal or to receive your suggestions. Is there anything to add in the ingredients or the preparation steps? Please let me know so we can make this a meal to put on the menu every week.